§ Dr. Thomas
To ask the Secretary of State for Health if he will list the scientific evidence held by his Department on whether aflatoxin is a human carcinogen; and if he will make a statement.387W
§ Mr. Dorrell
The most recent scientific publications held by the Department on the human carcinogenicity of aflatoxins are:
- 1. WHO (1979). Environmental Health Criteria 11, Mycotoxins. World Health Organisation, Geneva.
- 2. Linsell A, (1982). Carcinogenicity of Mycotoxins. Environmental Carcinogens Selected Methods of Analysis. Volume 5—Some Mycotoxins. Egan H, Stoloff L, O'Neill IK, Scott P, Castegnaro M, Bartsch H, Davis W (Eds.). International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon.
- 3. IARC (1987). Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risk of Chemicals to Humans. Suppl. 7, 82–88. International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon.
- 4. IARC (1988). Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans. 44. —International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon.
- 5. Ivana Dvorackova (1990). Aflatoxins and Human Health. Published by the CRC Press, Florida.