HC Deb 06 June 1991 vol 192 c305W
Mr. Fearn

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what assessment has been made of the mobility needs of adults with arthritic and rheumatic diseases.

Mr. Dorrell

It is a matter for health authorities to assess the need for health care of their resident populations including help with mobility, and to make appropriate provision. Individual assessment is a matter for clinical judgment. Mobility allowance is also available, from the Department of Social Security, to assist with long-range mobility needs.