§ Lord Gainford
asked Her Majesty's Government:
When they propose to issue a consultation paper about publicity for planning applications.
§ Baroness Blatch
My right honourable friend the Secretary of State for the Environment has today issued a consultation paper,Planning Applications: Publicity and Notification, seeking views on a range of proposals for a new regime of publicity for planning applications.
In particular, views are invited on:
- (a) the merits of introducing compulsory neighbour notification for all planning applications;
- (b) the relative merits of different types of publicity (e.g., site notices, newspaper advertisements or any other media) and on whether publicity should be undertaken by applicant or local planning authority;
- (c) the scope for introducing variable levels of publicity depending on the importance of the application and the location of the application site;
- (d) the merits of extending publicity requirements to applications for reserved matters following a grant of outline planning permission;
- (e) a proposal for all planning decisions to be advertised.
Separate but parallel consultation is being carried out by my right honourable friend the Secretary of State for Wales.