§ Mr. Yeo
My right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for the Environment has today issued a consultation paper "Planning Applications: Publicity and Notification" seeking views on a range of proposals for a new regime of publicity for planning applications.
In particular views are invited on:
- (a) the merits of introducing compulsory neighbour notification for all planning applications;
- (b) the relative merits of different types of publicity eg, site notices, newspaper advertisements or any other media and on whether publicity should be undertaken by applicant or local planning authority;
- (c) the scope for introducing variable levels of publicity depending on the importance of the application and the location of the application site;
- (d) the merits of extending publicity requirements to applications for reserved matters following a grant of outline planning permission;
- (e) a proposal for all planning decisions to be advertised.
Separate but parallel consultation is being carried out by my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for Wales.