HC Deb 29 January 1991 vol 184 c443W
Mr. Tony Lloyd

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what advice his Department gives to local authorities about resident only parking schemes.

Mr. Chope

The most recent published guidance is in Department of Transport circular 6/86 and in the publication "Roads and Traffic in Urban Areas" of which the Department and the Institution of Highways and Transportation are joint sponsors. The former deals with specific changes made by the Road Traffic Regulation (Parking) Act 1986; the latter gives more general guidance on the sort of schemes which may be appropriate and the factors to be taken into account in deciding on them.

Forward to