HC Deb 14 February 1991 vol 185 c581W
Mr. Cryer

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security if he will introduce legislation to enable residents of local authority residential homes for the elderly to receive the same amount of benefit as those in private and voluntary sector homes; and if he will make a statement.

Miss Widdecombe

We have no plans to do so.

The care in the Community proposals from April 1993 will encourage local authorities to consider making use of the independent sector when placing people in residential homes.

Forward to