HC Deb 10 December 1991 vol 200 c404W
Mr. Rowlands

To ask the Secretary of State for Wales further to his answer of 29 November,Official Report, columns 687–88, if he will list those non-departmental bodies, to which he offers a grant-in-aid, which are currently running operational deficits.

Mr. David Hunt

Grant in aid is paid to the following executive non-departmental public bodies:

  • Cardiff Bay Development Corporation
  • Countryside Council for Wales
  • Curriculum Council for Wales
  • Development Board for Rural Wales
  • Housing for Wales
  • National Library of Wales
  • National Museum of Wales
  • Sports Council for Wales
  • Welsh Development Agency
  • Wales Tourist Board

In all these cases grant in aid is provided to enable the bodies concerned to carry out those activities which cannot be financed from charges, rents and other sources of funding.