HC Deb 05 December 1991 vol 200 c228W
Mr. Maginnis

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence if it is Ministry of Defence practice to settle out-of-court those claims for compensation made by terrorists or their families; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Archie Hamilton

Any claim for compensation made against the Ministry of Defence is considered on the facts of each case and settled in accordance, where appropriate, with legal advice.