§ Mr. Yeo
The property holdings directorate of the Department of the Environment is responsible for expenditure in central London on restoration and refurbishment currently being carried out in the following Government offices housed in listed buildings:—
- 1. Government offices Great George street SW1
- Refurbishment of a section of the basement offices to permit more efficient use.
- 2. Government offices Great George street SW1
- Refurbishment of a second section of the basement to bring into use vacant space to permit the surrender of leased property.
- 3. Old Admiralty building SW1
- Programme of major internal and external works to restore a grade 1 listed building.
- 4. Somerset house WC2
- Renewal of east wing roof to maintain the integrity of a grade 1 listed building.
- 5. 70–72 Whitehall SW1
- External stone cleaning and redecoration to restore the exerior of a grade 1 listed building.
Expenditure on other projects involving restoration or refurbishment is the responsibility of the Department which occupies, or intends to occupy, the listed building.