HC Deb 23 April 1991 vol 189 c428W
Mr. Hood

To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland what funding is provided by his Department to charities relating to alcohol abuse and related problems; and if he will specify(a) the charity and (b) the amounts given each year since 1979.

Mr. Michael Forsyth

Financial assistance under section 16B of the National Health Service (Scotland) Act 1978 and section 10 of the Social Work (Scotland) Act 1968 has been provided in the period concerned to the charitable bodies set out in the table.