§ Mr. Alfred Morris
To ask the Secretary of State for Health whether he will list the current members of the standing pharmaceutical advisory committee and give the relevant experience of each member; how many of the commission are females; and what percentage of the total membership they comprise.
§ Mrs. Virginia Bottomley
The current members of the Standing Pharmaceutical Advisory Committee (SPAC) are:
- Mr. W. M. Darling, CBE, FRPharmS
- Mr. T. P. Astill, BPharm, LLB Barrister, MRPharmS
- Dr. S. Ellis, MPharm, PhD, FRPharmS
- Mr. A. Massam, LLB Barrister, FRPharmS
- Mr. J. Ferguson, FRPharmS
- Professor A. T. Florence, DSc FRSs FRSE FRPharmS
- Professor P. Spencer, BPharm DSc, PhD, FRPharmS,
- FIBiol, MCPP
- Professor D. Ganderton, BPharm, PhD, MRPharmS
- Mr. P. J. Keen, FRPharmS
- Miss M. E. Tompkins, MRPharmS, MSc
- Mr. N. L. Wood, BPharm, MRPharmS
- Mr. J. Kirby, FRPharmS
- Mrs. L. J. Stone BPharmS
Twelve members are appointed by my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State, and the president of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain is an ex-officio member.
Including the ex-offlcio member, three out of 13 members are female.
All members of SPAC are chosen by my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State bearing in mind their standing in the profession and their experience in their own field of pharmacy.