HC Deb 30 October 1990 vol 178 c469W
Mr. Shersby

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment what information he has on the cost to Hillingdon and other similar port authorities of housing immigrant minors from Ethiopia and surrounding African countries; what plans he has to fund the additional expenditure involved by means of Government grant: and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Key

The Department of Health wrote to the local authority association on 22 October to ask for information about the costs faced by authorities, including Hillingdon, in providing child care services for unaccompanied Eritrean refugee minors. My right hon. and learned Friend the Secretary of State for Health will consider what action, if any, he should take when he has this information.