§ Mr. Galbraith
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport if he will list for the 18 schemes in England and Wales, identified by the National Audit Office as having a190W negative cost-benefit analysis, in its report of 27 October 1988, "Department of Transport, Scottish Development Department and Welsh Office: Road Planning" (a) location and name of each individual project, (b) length of road, (c) date of decision to build and date of completion, (d) capital cost, both estimated and outturn, (e) number of vehicles per day estimated, each way, (f) number of vehicles per day from recent census data and (g) the details of the negative economic appraisal or net present value.
§ Mr. Chope
The schemes concerned in England were as follows:
- A40 Ross-on-Wye Relief Road
- A483/A5 Oswestry Bypass and A5 Improvement (3 Schemes)
- M65 Whitebirk-Hyndburn
- A61 Chesterfield Relief Road North
- A61 Chesterfield Relief Road South
- A6 Chapel-en-le-Firth Bypass
- A 1079 Beverley Bypass
- A63 South Docks Road (Easterly) Hull
- A564 Blythe Bridge—Uttoxeter Bypass
- A56 Accrington Bypass South
- A66 Bowes Bypass
The detailed information requested will take some time to collect and I will write to the hon. Gentleman in due course. My right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for Wales is responsible for roads in Wales.