§ Dr. Mawhinney
The following special school and units attached to ordinary schools specifically cater for the needs of children with speech and language problems:
- Thornfield Special School—Newtownabbey
- Enniskillen Model Primary School—Unit
- Gibson Primary School, Omagh—Unit
- Killard House Special School, Newtownards—Unit
- St. Joseph's Primary School, Bessbrook—Unit
However, any child with such difficulties, placed in any special school or unit because other problems are predominant, will also receive speech therapy.
Provision for pupils with special educational needs is a matter for education and library boards in the first instance. I am not aware of any proposals for further provision.