HC Deb 03 May 1990 vol 171 c650W
Mr. Tony Lloyd

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security what advice he gives to local offices about determining whether a couple are living together for the purpose of assessing benefit entitlement.

Mrs. Gillian Shephard

The Secretary of State does not give advice on this matter. It is for the chief adjudication officer to issue such guidance, a copy of which is available in the Library.