§ Mr. Tim Smith
To ask the Secretary of State for Employment how many internal auditors are employed in his Department and at what cost; how many internal audit reports were produced in 1989; how many of these were drawn to the attention of a Minister in his Department; and what internal audit work is subcontracted to private firms and at what cost.
§ Mr. Eggar
The information is as follows:
- (a) Number of auditors employed in the Department—124.
- (b) Total cost of the auditors—£2,723,881.
- (c) Number of audit reports produced in 1989–302.
- (d) Number of audit reports drawn to attention of a Minister—3.
- (e) The following internal audit work was subcontracted to private firms—Nil.
- (f) The total cost of subcontracting works to private firms—Nil.