HC Deb 26 July 1990 vol 177 c385W
Mr. Wigley

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment if his Department has or plans to commission any independent research into the housing needs of disabled people and the extent to which those needs are currently being met; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Nicholls

The Department has commissioned Ernst and Young management consultants to carry out an independent study of the housing needs of elderly and disabled people. They began work on the research this month and aim to complete it in the spring of 1992.