HC Deb 24 July 1990 vol 177 c144W
Mr. Higgins

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport if he will take steps to ensure that the rents obtained from tenants in houses purchased by the Government which are blighted by projected road schemes maximise the revenue to the Treasury.

Mr. Freeman

It is the Department's general policy to contract out the management of residential property acquired in advance of trunk road proposals. It is the responsibility of managing agents to find suitable tenants at appropriate rents. My hon. Friend the Minister for Roads and Traffic will write to my right hon. Friend about the effect of these arrangements in his constituency.

Forward to