HC Deb 09 July 1990 vol 176 c18W
Mr. Hannam

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment for what amount he has given his consent for Exeter city council to spend this year on the building of houses from its general fund capital receipt.

Mr. Chope

Under the new system of local authority capital finance local authorities are free to use all their usable capital receipts for capital expenditure on any service and no consents are required.

Forward to