§ Mr. Kirkwood
To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will list the Scottish-based organisations which have supported his proposals for reform of the law and procedures related to conveyancing; and if he will make a statement.
§ Lord James Douglas-Hamilton
The following Scottish-based respondents to the consultation paper "The Legal Profession in Scotland" expressed support for some or all of the proposed changes to the conveyancing market in Scotland:
All representations on the proposals for reform were taken fully into account before the Law Reform (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Scotland) Bill was introduced.
- Citizens Advice Scotland
- Clydesdale Bank plc
- Confederation of British Industry, Scotland
- Dunfermline Building Society
- National Association of Estate Agents, Scottish Branch
- Scottish Consumer Council
- Stuart Wyse Ogilvie, Estate Agents