HC Deb 18 January 1990 vol 165 cc327-8W
Mr. Morgan

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport if he will consider requiring special licences for the transportation by road or rail of partly decomposed household refuse from controlled local authority tips.

Mr. Atkins

There are no specific guidelines. The road transport of dangerous goods, including wastes, is governed by national regulations and related approved codes of practice. All goods carried by rail are subject to BRS conditions of carriage and conditions of acceptance, which include specific conditions for dangerous goods, including wastes. The Control of Pollution (Amendment) Act 1989 will require the registration of any person, unless exempted by regulation, carrying controlled waste, including household waste, in the course of his business.

Forward to