HC Deb 28 February 1990 vol 168 c241W
Mr. Alex Carlile

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will make it his policy to require the police to give every victim of violence, rape and child abuse the leaflet which outlines the availability of financial assistance provided by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Peter Lloyd

Arrangements for giving information to victims are the responsibility of individual chief officers of police. However, existing Home Office guidance to the police stresses that people who have suffered injury as a result of crime should, whenever possible, be handed a copy of the leaflet "Victims of Crimes of Violence: A Guide to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme".