HC Deb 22 February 1990 vol 167 cc898-9W
Mr. Battle

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security if he will publish a chart or table showing for each academic year since 1979 the average amount of benefit or support, of each kind, received by a student in full-time higher education.

Mrs. Gillian Shephard

Information about the amount of benefit claimed by students is not routinely collected and is not therefore available in the form requested. However, details of students' income from all sources are contained in surveys carried out by Research Services Limited on behalf of the Department of Education and Science. Copies of the surveys, which cover the 1986–87 academic years, are available in the Library.

Forward to