§ Mr. Trotter
To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food whether he will list the organisations which have made representations to his Department in support of the commercial drift netting salmon industry of the coast of north-east England.
§ Mr. Curry
The Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food has received a large number of letters from organisations and individuals about this fishery and the current statutory review following section 39 of the Salmon Act 1986. Those who have made representations in favour of the fishery include:
- Anglo-Scottish Fish Producers Organisations Ltd.
- Beadnell Parish Council
- Cornish Fish Producers Organisation Ltd.
- Federation of British Port Wholesale Fish Merchants Associations
- Fisheries Organisation Society Ltd.
- National Federation of Fishermen's Organisations
- North Eastern Sea Fisheries Committee
- Whitby Cobleman's Association
- Yorks and Anglia Fish Producers Organisation.
Ministers in the Department have also held meetings with representatives of the National Federation of Fishermen's Organisations and a number of local salmon net fishermen.