HC Deb 08 February 1990 vol 166 c787W
Mr. Meacher

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security if he will reintroduce transitional payments for students in full-time further education who have been receiving income support under I/S regulation 132(c) and 2(d), so they may continue their studies to their completion beyond their 19th birthday without the present loss of benefit.

Mrs. Gillian Shephard

We are aware that a small number of young people are experiencing difficulties. Although financial assistance can be provided by local education authorities, we are keeping the benefit rules under review.