HC Deb 07 February 1990 vol 166 c643W
Mr. Ashdown

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what criteria for settlement in Britain will be required for the Asian spouses of British expatriates living in Hong Kong; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Peter Lloyd

Paragraph 50 of the Immigration Rules (HC. 388) sets out the criteria for admission for settlement as the spouse of a British citizen or other person who is present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is at the same time being admitted for settlement.

Back to