HC Deb 12 December 1990 vol 182 c432W
Dr. Godman

To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland if police forces give information to directors of social work departments on any criminal records of persons who apply for registration of ownership of homes which care for persons who are severely mentally handicapped; and if he will make a statement.

Lord James Douglas-Hamilton

Yes. Information of this kind is provided by the Scottish criminal records office on request to designated senior officers in social work departments.