HC Deb 26 April 1990 vol 171 c295W
Mr. Hinchliffe

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what arrangements are made by his Department for the resolution of disputes between local authorities over the financial responsibility for the care of elderly or handicapped persons requiring residential accommodation.

Mrs. Virginia Bottomley

If a dispute concerns the provision of services under part III of the National Assistance Act 1948 the authorities concerned can ask my right hon. and learned Friend the Secretary of State to determine the question in accordance with section 32(3) of that Act.

Forward to