HC Deb 19 April 1990 vol 170 c967W
16. Mr. Ward

To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food what schemes his Department has to help farmers deal with on-farm pollution and waste disposal.

Mr. Maclean

All farmers are entitled to initial free technical advice and we also make 50 per cent. grants available for the handling, storing and treatment of agricultural effluent and waste. In nitrate-sensitive areas further payments will be made for substantial restrictions to cut nitrate leaching.

Forward to