HC Deb 30 October 1989 vol 159 c10W
Mr. Riddick

To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Science if he will provide details of what examination fees can be recovered by schools and colleges from pupils who fail to complete the course work requirements of the GCSE examination.

Mrs. Rumbold

If a pupil fails without good reason to complete the requirements, including coursework, for any public examination for which the LEA or school has paid an entry fee, it is open to the LEA under section 108 of the Education Reform Act 1988 to recover the fee from the parent or guardian.

Forward to