HC Deb 29 November 1989 vol 162 c248W
Sir Richard Body

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment whether he will list the caravan sites owned by local authorities which afford permanent housing yet lack a bathroom, indoor lavatory and hot water system; and if he will give the reasons why he decided to withhold permission for the necessary expenditure in these cases.

Mr. Howard

My Department does not keep detailed records of the standards of facility local authorities provide on caravan sites they own, and councils do not need my permission to spend money on such sites. Grant is available to meet 100 per cent. of the reasonable capital costs of provision.