HC Deb 05 May 1989 vol 152 cc272-3W
Mr. Thurnham

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will list the addresses of sites where his Department has reimbursed a local planning authority as a result of a revocation of planning permission.

Mr. Howard

With the exception of the limited circumstances set out in section 167 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1971, there is no provision for the Secretary of state to reimburse to local planning authorities the compensation payable when planning permission is revoked. Section 167 relates only to cases where, if planning permission had originally been refused, the Secretary of State would have been liable to pay compensation under part VII of the Act. There have been five such cases since 1979.

Forward to