HC Deb 23 March 1989 vol 149 c782W
Mr. Clay

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will provide a table showing local authority current expenditure for each year since 1975–76 to 1990–91 on(a) housing, (b) personal social services and (c) education and science; and what proportion each makes up of (i) central Government current expenditure on the same areas of expenditure and (ii) total local authority current expenditure.

Mr. Gummer

[holding answer 22 March 1989]: The information requested for the years 1983–84 to 1990–91 is given in the table. Corresponding information for earlier years could be provided only at disproportionate cost.

Forward to