§ Mr. Bowis
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer whether Crown servants posted overseas continue to receive mortgage interest relief on their homes in the United Kingdom.456W
- (a) 1979–80 to 1987–88—£88.4 billion equivalent to £9.8 billion a year.
- (b) 1974–75 to 1978–79—£111.9 billion equivalent to £22.4 billion a year.
- (c) 1970–71 to 1973–74—£39.8 billion equivalent to £9.9 billion a year.
- (d) 1964–65 to 1969–70—£33.4 billion equivalent to £5.6 billion a year.
- (e) 1959 to 1963—£27.4 billion equivalent to £5.5 billion a year.
1 Note: before 1963–64 PSBR data are only available in calendar year form.