HC Deb 09 March 1989 vol 148 cc657-8W
Mr. Dobson

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security what arrangements have been made by his Department following the abolition of universal maternity benefit to ensure that newly nursing mothers get child benefit claim forms.

Mr. Peter Lloyd

Claim forms for child benefit are available, on request, from the Department's local offices. Requests for the forms may be made by post, telephone or personal call to any local office—it does not have to be the one covering the claimant's home area. In addition, leaflet FB8 "Babies and Benefits", which is available from health centres, ante natal and child health clinics and maternity hospitals as well as social security offices, includes a cut-out coupon which can be used to obtain the appropriate claim form.