HC Deb 13 July 1989 vol 156 c627W
Mr. Wilson

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will make it his policy to introduce poll tax rebates for those who care for the elderly within the family home.

Mr. Gummer

The Government have no plans to introduce a poll tax.

People caring for the elderly within the family home may, depending upon their incomes, be eligible for rebates of up to 80 per cent. of the community charge, and if they are in receipt of income support, will have an amount reflected in their income support to help with the remaining 20 per cent.