HC Deb 03 July 1989 vol 156 c45W
Mr. Allen

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security what is his policy towards the payment of independent living fund grants in order to substitute for National Health Service services; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Scott

Decisions are a matter for the trustees of the fund. Payments from the fund complement the provision made for severely disabled people by the statutory authorities and are not intended to replace them.

Forward to