HC Deb 26 January 1989 vol 145 cc716-7W
Mr. Lofthouse

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what research is taking place into the cause of aplastic anaemia.

Mr. Freeman

[holding answer 16 January 1989]The Department of Health is not funding research into the causes of aplastic anaemia.

The main agency through which the Government supports medical and related biological research is the Medical Research Council (MRC), which receives its grant-in-aid from the Department of Education and Science. I understand that the MRC is always willing to consider soundly-based research proposals for funding, in competition with other applications.

Back to
Forward to