HC Deb 19 January 1989 vol 145 c279W
Mr. O'Neill

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what percentage of the £624 million variation between expenditure and grant of item J6 (Guided Weapons) noted on page 14, Appropriation Accounts 1987–88, HC 17–1 was caused by(a) over-provision arising from the provisional allocation of carry forward from 1986–87 and (b) slower progress.

Mr. Sainsbury

Some 96 per cent. of the £624 million variation on Item J6 (Guided Weapons), noted on page 14 of the Appropriation Account 1987–88, related to the provisional allocation of the carry forward from 1986–87 and the remaining 4 per cent. was caused by slower progress.