HC Deb 18 December 1989 vol 164 c41W
Mr. Andrew Smith

To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Science what arrangements for repayment of loans under the proposed student loan scheme are to apply in the case of graduates no longer resident in the United Kingdom.

Mr. Jackson

Graduates living overseas will enjoy the same terms as those resident in the United Kingdom. Arrangements will be made for the recovery of outstanding payments from such students. It will be in the interests of all borrowers to repay their loans.