HC Deb 06 December 1989 vol 163 cc252-3W
Mr. Hind

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Services if he has any plans to reform the income support transitional provisions as they relate to families with children in care who return on home leave; and if he will make a statement.

Mrs. Gillian Shephard

We intend, shortly, to bring forward amending regulations so that transitional additions are not reduced when children in local authority care return home temporarily on leave. Until they are in place, extra-statutory payments will be available.

Forward to