HC Deb 06 December 1989 vol 163 c233W
Mr. Cartwright

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs why his Department decided not to recognise the Immigration Service Union or to deduct membership contributions for its members seconded from the Home Office to his Department.

Mr. Sainsbury

Immigration service officers serving in Foreign and Commonwealth Office posts overseas remain members of the Home Civil Service. Any negotiations on pay and conditions of service of Immigration Service Union members overseas are conducted by the Immigration Service Union with the Home Office and/or Treasury as appropriate. The question of formal Foreign and Commonwealth Office recognition therefore does not arise.

Forward to