§ 52. Mr. Harris
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what improvements are planned for the A30 in Cornwall.
§ Mr. Atkins
The following schemes are in the trunk road programme:
- Shallowater Hill Improvement
- Temple-Higher Carblake Improvement
- Bodmin-Indian Queens Improvement
- Indian Queens Bypass
- Penhale-Carland Cross
- Zelah Bypass
- Zelah-Chiverton Improvement
- St. Erth-Newtown Improvement
I shall be opening the Launceston-Plusha scheme on 7 December. Work is expected to start on Plusha-Bolventor and Penhale-Carland Cross in spring 1990 and on Zelah bypass in summer 1990. The remaining schemes are at an earlier stage of preparation.