HC Deb 04 April 1989 vol 150 cc58-9W
Dr. David Clark

To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, what grants are available for farmers to re-site their sheep-dipping facilities away from the edge of water courses.

Mr. Ryder

[holding answer 23 March 1989]: Under the farm and conservation grant scheme grant is not available for farm buildings and associated animal husbandry facilities, including those intended for use in the gathering and treatment of livestock. Thus, for example, sheep dips and associated gathering pens are not eligible for grant aid. Where a farmer has an existing plan approved under one of the earlier grant schemes, this may contain sheep dipping facilities. In these circumstances grant is still payable. The present capital grant scheme continues to aid facilities for the safe disposal of spent sheepdip.