§ Mr. Livingstone
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence pursuant to the answer to the Member for Brent, East of 7 March,Official Report, column 517 (a) which private security firms have been used by his Department, (b) where they have been deployed and (c) at what cost to his Department in each year from 1979 to the current date.
§ Mr. Sainsbury
The following private companies have been employed by the Department to provide security guarding services:
- Airwork Ltd
- Burns International Security Services (UK) Ltd
- Care Security Services Ltd.
- Centuryan Security Ltd
- Chubb Wardens Ltd
- Custodian Security Guards Ltd
- Medway (Chatham) Dock Co Ltd
- Shorrock Guards Ltd (Formerly Pritchard Security Services Ltd)
- RCO Contract Services Ltd
- Reliance Security Services Ltd
- Royal British Legion Attendants Co Ltd
- Securiguard Services Ltd
- Securi-Guard (SW)
- Securicor Ltd
- SERCO Ltd
- Thorn EMI Electronics Ltd
- UK Security Ltd
These firms have been employed at more than 30 establishments but it would not be in the interests of security to reveal their locations.
In addition, I refer the hon. Member to the answer that I gave to the hon. Member for Knowsley, South (Mr. Hughes) on 23 March at column 761.