§ Mr. Michael Forsyth
In recent years the Scottish Office has funded or contributed to the funding of three research projects on the subject of child abuse, two of which included aspects of child sexual abuse and a third which focused specifically on that problem. Details of the projects and their costs, and of further research currently under consideration, are as follows:
- Research undertaken since 1979
- 1. Dr. A. Soddy and Mr. D. Gough: University of Glasgow, "Child abuse interventions: a review of the research literature". Total cost £23,000. (Funded by the Department of Health and Social Security with a Scottish Office contribution; project completed.)
- 2. Dr. A. Boddy and Mr. D. Gough: University of Glasgow, "A longitudinal study of child abuse in Glasgow". Total cost £80,000. (Research completed; final report awaited.)
Research currently taking place
- 3. Mrs. L. Waterhouse: University of Edinburgh, "Management of intra-familial child sexual abuse". Total cost £69,400.
4. A research brief inviting bids to undertake research into child sexual abuse, issued on 28 February 1989, has resulted in four proposals which are under consideration. Estimated cost £100,000.