HC Deb 04 May 1988 vol 132 c506W
Mrs. Dunwoody

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment when he intends to introduce legislation to ensure that local authority retired employees will receive compensation for the underpayment of their pensions from April 1987.

Mr. Chope

Pursuant to the statement made on 18 December 1987 by the Paymaster General (Official Report, columns 845–46), my right hon. Friend has no plans to introduce such legislation. But in the light of the statement he has invited the local government employers to consider what action might be taken in respect of the local government superannuation scheme.