§ Mrs. Roe
In England, firm wind-up dates have been set for the new town development corporations at:
- Aycliffe and Peterlee 31 March 1988.
- Washington 31 March 1988.
- Peterborough 30 September 1988.
Target wind-up dates, which will be reviewed with the relevant local authorities nearer the time, for the remaining corporations are:
- Warrington and Runcorn 30 September 1989.
- Telford 30 September 1991.
- Milton Keynes 31 March 1992.
My right hon. Friend has no responsibility for new town development corporations in Scotland or Wales.
§ Mr. Trippier
Board membership for each English urban development corporation is as set out, together with information on each individual's other interests. The remuneration of chairmen and deputy chairmen is shown alongside the names of each: payments reflect the time commitment made. Members of the London Docklands development corporation receive a flat rate of £4,535, and members of all other corporations £3,625.
Black Country Development Corporation
- Mr. Bill Francis (Chairman £9,117). Former Director, Trafalgar House and Gas Ltd.
- Mrs. Jean Denton (Deputy Chairman £12,376). Counsellor, Burson-Marseller.
- Mr. Joe Adams. Councillor, Sandwell MBC.
- Mr. Eric Alison. Councillor, Walsall MBC.
- Mr. Roger Carey. Chief Executive Director, Slough Estates plc.
- Mr. Charles Darby. Chairman and Managing Director Bass Mitchels and Butler.
- Mr. Roy Kettle. Chairman, CI Group plc.
- Mr. Graham MacKenzie. Chairman, T1 Group Specialised Tube Business Area.
- Mr. Ray Partridge. Councillor, Sandwell MBC.
- Mr. Paul Sabapathy. Finance Director, IMI Refiners Ltd.
- Mr. Michael Worley. Chairman and Managing Director, William King & Sons Ltd.
London Docklands Development Corporation
- Sir Christopher Benson (Chairman £27,226). Vice-Chairman and Managing Director, MEPC plc.
- Mr. Alan Benjamin. Director CAP Group plc.
- Sir Andrew Derbyshire. Chairman, Robert Mathew, Johnson-Marshall London Ltd.
- Sir Christopher Foster. Commercial Advisor, British Telecom.
- Sir John Garlick. Former Permanent Secretary, Department of Environment.
- Mr. Jonathan Mathews. Councillor, Tower Hamlets BC.
- Mr. Lewis Moss. Senior Partner Moss and Partners
- Mr. Wyndham Thomas. Chairman and Chief Executive Inner City Enterprise. Former General Manager, Peterborough New Town.
Merseyside Development Corporation
- Mr. Philip Carter (Chairman £18,234). Former Managing Director, Littlewoods Organisation. Chairman Everton FC, President The Football League, Chairman Merseyside Tourism Board.
- Mr. John Smith (Deputy Chairman £6,188). Chairman, Sports Council, Chairman, Liverpool FC.
- Professor Graham Ashworth. Professor of Urban Environmental Studies, Salford University.
- Mr. Brian Thaxter. Local Director of Barclays Bank plc. Liverpool.
- Professor Patrick Minford. Professor of Applied Economics, Liverpool University.
- Mr. Clive Lewis. Senior Partner, Clive Lewis and Partners.
- Mr. Thomas Glover. Councillor, Sefton BC.
- Mr. John Hale. Councilor, Wirral BC.
- Dr. John Ritchie. Chief Executive of the Development Corporation.
Teesside Development Corporation
- Mr. Ron — Norman (Chairman £18,234). Chairman and Director, R. Norman Ltd.
- Lord Dormand (Deputy Chairman £6,188). Former MP for Easington.
- Mr. Michael Carr. Councillor, Middlesborough BC.
- Mr. Alan Cherry. Managing Director, Countryside Properties Ltd.
- Mrs. Dianna Eccles. Director, Sainsbury's Ltd.
- Mr. Bryan Hanson. Councillor, Cleveland CC.
- Mr. Roger Kingdon. Chief Executive, The Davy Corporation.
- Mr. Andrew Russell. Director, Casco Property Ltd.
- Mr. John Sutcliffe. Chairman. North Housing Trust Ltd.
- Mr. Laurie Wild. Councillor, Stockton-on-Tees BC.
Trafford Park Development Corporation
- Mr. Peter Hadfield (Chairman £18,234). Former Chairman and Managing Director, Bass North West Ltd.
- Mr. Anthony Russell (Deputy Chairman £6,188). Former
81 Chairman Lankro Chemicals Group.
- Mr. Barry Brotherton. Councillor, Trafford BC.
- Mr. Peter Collins. Chairman and Managing Director Petros Development Company.
- Mr. William Moores. Councillor, Salford BC.
- Mr. Hugh Richards. Former Senior Partner W. H. Robinson & Co.
- Mr. Hamish Stewart. Personnel Director, Carborundum Abrasives plc.
- Mr. Colin Warbrick. Councillor, Trafford BC.
Tyne and Wear Development Corporation
- Mr. Paul Nicholson (Chairman £13,676). Chairman and Managing Director, Vaux Group.
- Mr. John Ward (Deputy Chairman £6,188). Regional Director, Barclays Bank plc.
- Mr. Graeme Anderson. Executive Deputy Chairman, Northern Engineering Industries.
- Mr. John Barnsley. Senior Partner, Price Waterhouse.
- Mr. John Donnelly. Councillor, Sunderland BC.
- Mr. John Hall. Managing Director, Cameron Hall Developments.
- Dr. Ralph Iley. Director Group Development, Cookson Gp plc.
- Mr. Joe Mills. Regional Secretary, Transport and General Workers Union.
- Mr. Bert Moore. Councillor, Newcastle City C.
- Mr. Septimus Robinson. Councillor, South Tyneside BC.