HC Deb 14 June 1988 vol 135 cc175-6W
Mr. Kirkwood

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Services if he will make a statement on the proposed changes to the structure of board and lodging payments for residents in hostels, including women's aid refuges, residential homes and nursing homes.

Mr. Portillo

We are currently reviewing income support payments for people in hostels. No changes have yet been proposed. We are considering the payment of benefit for people in residential care homes and nursing homes in the light of a number of recent reports, including Sir Roy Griffiths' review of community care.