§ Mr. Strang
To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland how many organisations have made representations to him regarding his decision to enforce a reduction in Lothian regional council's 1988–89 budget, showing how many(a) supported and (b) opposed his decision; and if he will list them.
§ Mr. Lang
The table lists 11 organisations that have written to my right hon. and learned Friend on his proposed rate reduction in Lothian region. Some opposed the proposal and some supported it. Others have written on points of detail and on what the consequences might be for them.
- Lothian Region Joint Trade Union Committee
- Scottish Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux (and individual Bureaux)
- Lothian Marriage Counselling Service
- Edinburgh Chambers of Commerce and Manufacturers
- Lothian RAGE
- Wester Hailes Representative Council
- Lothian Rights Group
- Edinburgh and Lothian 'Women's Aid
- Sneddi Merchandising Ltd.
- Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations